SUMMARYProvide engineering support to operations ensuring consistent application of quality techniques
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following: Other duties may be assigned.
- Resolve quality issues of capability, tolerances and materials related issues.
- Resolve quality issues by identifying problems, examining solution options, implementing action plans, and providing resources.
- Effectively communicate and reinforce GMS’ commitment to quality improvement efforts
- Collaborate with GMS’ customers’ quality and engineering personnel to determine critical part features and review manufacturability of design.
- Review customers’ requirements Quality Notes (Q Notes) and alert Sales and Engineering of possible exceptional Q-Notes.
- Participate in the Advanced Product Quality Planning activities to determine appropriate use of existing and new measurement systems during new tool or process design and startup.
- Maintain Control Plans and FMEA's throughout the life of products.
- Facilitate and promote use of appropriate problem solving techniques for effective root cause analysis and successful corrective action.
- Coordinate with Sales, Purchasing, Engineering, Production, and CM to resolve customer complaints and concerns.
- Lead PPM improvement plan for strategic customers
- Apply appropriate use of statistical techniques.
- Participate in quality reporting and management review process
- Manage quality metrics and present findings and recommendations to the management review team.
- Regularly interact with Materials, Quality, Engineering, Sales, and all Manufacturing functions.
- Regularly interact with all levels of customers’ QA, Contract Manufacturers and all suppliers including issue and respond to SCAR
- Participate in suppliers’ qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with cross-functional work groups including suppliers, customers and associates, both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Ability to satisfactorily perform in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Initiative – proactive and takes action without being prompted
- Team Player – Respond to requests from other departments within the organization and support established organizational goal and agendas.
- Ability to prioritize and maintain appropriate focus on short- and long-term goals.
- Ability to meet goals and deadlines - motivated by achievement, and persists until goals are reached, conveying a sense of urgency.
- Monitor and manage company tool and equipment calibration, MSDS, Expiration of materials etc.
- Training skills - Must be able to conduct employee training classes (ESD, Statistical Process Control etc).
- Presentation Skills – written and verbal
- Must possess exceptional organizational, analytical, and communication skills
- Microsoft Office Skills – must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Maintain current knowledge of all manufacturing ISO, FAR, DFAR, ITAR requirements
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor degree in Engineering, Manufacturing or Electrical preferred
- 2-5 years experience as a Quality Engineer
- Intuitive understanding of mechanical engineering processes
- Experience in the electronics / electro-mechanical industry
- Certified Quality Engineer preferred
REASONING ABILITYAbility to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instruction and information, including mathematical or diagram form.
WORK ENVIRONMENTThe work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequent use of microscope for quality verification
- Travel up to 40% as required
- Moderate noise level
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications