Sr. Hardware Design Engineer
|Title:||Sr. Hardware Design Engineer|
SUMMARYA self-motivated Senior engineer that is a direct contributor with demonstrated success in developing hardware products from design phase through field sustaining phase. Responsibilities encompass circuit design and analysis using design tools, directing PCB layout, prototype verification using lab instrumentation and PC-based development tools, supporting manufacturing introduction and sustaining. Must be able to work in a team environment with manufacturing and various engineering disciplines including System, Software, and Mechanical.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following: Other duties may be assigned.
- Creates hardware design solutions such as digital circuit design, firmware applications, microprocessor-based board level design, printed circuit board layout, motherboard design, digital signal processing, and/or real time embedded multiprocessor design.
- Researching, developing, designing, and testing of electrical components, equipment, and systems, applying principles and techniques of electrical engineering
- Oversees engineering life cycle of hardware products including architecture, design, and implementation.
- Confers with product marketing on writing of functional specifications.
- Displays a depth of knowledge across multiple technical areas including current knowledge of existing and emerging technologies.
- Designs product solutions and features using hardware description languages, CAD tools, and other tools as necessary.
- Manages all schematic entry.
- Maintains relationships with vendors and specifies necessary parts.
- Makes modifications to product lines as necessary.
- Works closely with quality assurance in identifying bugs and building fixes.
- Measures project percentage completion at critical stages and implements corrective action as necessary.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Masters Degree in Engineering preferred or minimum BSEE with 8+ years of design experience.
- Experience with full life cycle development from proof of concept through manufacturing, including digital and analog hardware design, implementation, test and documentation is required.
- Minimum 1 year experience with Xilinx FPGA's and Xilinx development tools required.
- Intel architecture processor design, including Core i7.
- High speed digitial design, including PCI Express Gen 2/3, USB 3, DDR3/DDR4.
- Experience managing the printed circuit board design process, in particular for high speed digital interfaces.
- Switching regulator design.
- FPGA design, including VHDL and Xilinx FPGA.
- Project Management, including schedule and budget.
Ability to comprehend and apply principles of advanced calculus, modern algebra, and advanced statistical theory. Ability to work with concepts such as limits, rings, quadratic and differential equations, and proofs of theorems.
Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, etc.) in its most difficult phases. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables. Mission critical complex problem solving skills abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to: sit, talk, hear, stand, walk, twist, bend, stoop, reach and lift up to 30 lbs. with hands and arms, use hands to finger, handle, feel or type and utilize a telephone, copier, printer, computer, mouse, keyboard and monitor to perform daily duties. The employee regularly engages in personal interaction with company personnel. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus and utilize a computer monitor under florescent lighting and/or daylight where applicable.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee will occasionally be required to conduct work in the engineering lab
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock.
- While the performing duties of this job, the employee is regularly to occasionally required to walk up and down one flight of stairs.
Must be a US Citizen
General Micro Systems is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.