Sr. Hardware Design Engineer
|Title:||Sr. Hardware Design Engineer|
SUMMARYA self-motivated Senior engineer that is a direct contributor with demonstrated success in developing hardware products from design phase through field sustaining phase. Responsibilities encompass circuit design and analysis using design tools, directing PCB layout, prototype verification using lab instrumentation and PC-based development tools, supporting manufacturing introduction and sustaining. Must be able to work in a team environment with manufacturing and various engineering disciplines including System, Software, and Mechanical.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following: Other duties may be assigned.
- Creates hardware design solutions such as digital circuit design, firmware applications, microprocessor-based board level design, printed circuit board layout, digital signal processing, and/or real time embedded multiprocessor design.
- Researching, developing, designing, and testing of electrical components, equipment, and systems, applying principles and techniques of electrical engineering
- Oversees engineering life cycle of hardware products including architecture, design, and implementation.
- Confers with product marketing on writing of functional specifications.
- Displays a depth of knowledge across multiple technical areas including current knowledge of existing and emerging technologies.
- Designs product solutions and features using hardware description languages, CAD tools, and other tools as necessary.
- Manages all schematic entry.
- Maintains relationships with vendors and specifies necessary parts.
- Makes modifications to product lines as necessary.
- Works closely with quality assurance in identifying bugs and building fixes.
- Measures project percentage completion at critical stages and implements corrective action as necessary.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Masters Degree in Engineering preferred or minimum BSEE with 8+ years of design experience.
- Experience with full life cycle development from proof of concept through manufacturing, including digital and analog hardware design, implementation, test and documentation is required.
- Minimum 1 year experience with Xilinx FPGA's and Xilinx development tools required.
Ability to comprehend and apply principles of advanced calculus, modern algebra, and advanced statistical theory. Ability to work with concepts such as limits, rings, quadratic and differential equations, and proofs of theorems.
Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, etc.) in its most difficult phases. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables. Mission critical complex problem solving skills abstract and concrete variables.
Must be a US Citizen
General Micro Systems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer