|Title:||Turnkey Contract Manufacturing Materials Buyer|
General Micro Systems, Inc. has been an innovator in embedded system technology since 1979 encompassing all phases of the design and manufacture of Single Board Computers and Systems. GMS products are used around the globe in diverse industries such as aerospace, defense, medical instrumentation, industrial control, robotics, telecommunications and semiconductor manufacturing.
With an unparalleled commitment to modern technology, GMS has earned the highest level of respect from our customers, the media and even the competition. GMS has been recognized by the media for our innovation and we have received more ‘Product of the Year’ awards than all of our competitors combined.
We are proud of our professional staff, with members that have been called “the most dedicated to its customers and vendors in the industry.”
Please visit our website at www.gms4sbc.com to learn more about General Micro Systems, Inc.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package
Under the direction of the Production Manager this position is responsible for the oversight, status and compliance of raw materials, purchased parts, fabricated parts, electronic components, quotes, etc. purchased by GMS’ Contracted Manufacturing operations.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- In conjunction with the Production Manager, identify and secure Contract manufacturers and vendors for potential use
- Participate in vendor qualification audits
- Prepare costed Bill Of Materials
- Review Contract Manufacturing quotes to GMS
- Negotiate pricing
- Prepare Purchase Orders and quote packages
- Visit Contract manufacturing locations for onsite materials reviews
- Review and respond to all Turnkey materials related issues
- Work with Contract Manufacturer Purchasing Department to project material quantities for Turnkey
- Secure Long Lead Time items for Contract Manufacturing consumption as needed
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Proficiency in conducting internet searches and utilizing Microsoft Office –Excel, Outlook and Word
- Experience utilizing MRP for determining materials demand
- Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline driven, team environment
- Ability to successfully multitask
- Ability to adapt to changing situations and tasks quickly
- Organized and capable of meeting delivery deadlines on materials
- Ability to plan and forecast current and future inventory requirements based on available data and direction from management
- Must be proactive and follow-up on status of orders providing timely notification to management when issues are identified
- Must possess the ability to successfully plan, prioritize and organize work activities and adhere to strict deadlines, follow instructions, procedures, and policies; identify and solve problems
- Must be conscientious about assignments and complete work in a timely, accurate and thorough manner
- Require minimal supervision to successfully complete tasks and assignments
- Must demonstrate initiative and ownership of assignments/projects
- Must report to work at scheduled time and maintain satisfactory attendance with limited unscheduled absence
- Must exhibit a professional appearance and behavior and maintain satisfactory performance consistent with expectations of the position and GMS policies
- Requires excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing with executives, colleagues and individuals, internal or external
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills, able to effectively interact with all levels of employees and management
- Must remain poised, professional and diplomatic under pressure and handle sensitive, confidential situations and documentation
- Able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Must possess the ability and desire to encourage and facilitate a positive and productive work environment for all employees
- Potentially 50% + travel required
- Must possess a valid CA Driver’s License and be capable of driving when necessary
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs
- Must be able to work more than 40 hrs a week as necessary
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Must have experience working with Contract Manufacturing
- Minimum of five years of experience in direct purchasing/procurement of ELECTRONIC COMPONENTS and/or Machined Materials
- Must have extensive experience in electronic components and PCA/PCB products and/or Machined Materials
- Experience with EPICOR a plus
Ability to effectively write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, vendors, customers, and employees in writing and verbally.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts and to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to apply principles of logical thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to: sit, talk, hear, stand, walk, twist, bend, stoop, reach above shoulder level, and lift up to 30 lbs. with hands and arms, use hands to finger, handle, feel or type and utilize a telephone, copier, printer, computer, calculator, mouse, keyboard and monitor to perform daily duties. The employee regularly engages in personal interaction with company personnel. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus and utilize a computer monitor under florescent lighting and/or daylight where applicable.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk up and down one flight of stairs and approximately 1 block from building to building
Must be a US Citizen, Permanent US Resident, or currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis without future employment sponsorship.
General Micro Systems, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: GMS is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at GMS are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. GMS will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. GMS encourages applicants of all ages.
General Micro Systems, Inc. does not use any outside recruiting firms in our talent acquisition process; therefore, recruiters need not contact. Any questions, concerns, or correspondence need be directed to Justin Peck, General Micro Systems, Inc.