With an unparalleled commitment to modern technology, GMS has earned the highest level of respect from our customers, the media and even the competition. GMS has been recognized by the media for our innovation and we have received more ‘Product of the Year’ awards than all of our competitors combined.
We are proud of our professional staff, with members that have been called “the most dedicated to its customers and vendors in the industry.”
Please visit our website at www.gms4sbc.com to learn more about General Micro Systems, Inc.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package
Directs the activities of the Materials management: purchasing, inventory/material control and warehousing by performing duties personally or through subordinate supervisors. Must have knowledge of components in the computer industry.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Implements and maintains materials systems and procedures to comply with company goals and objectives
- Analyzes market and delivery conditions to determine present and future material availability
- Develops and manages supplier relationship and recommends new primary and secondary suppliers
- Oversees the preparation and issuance of purchase orders and change notices
- Reviews purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy
- Arranges for disposal of surplus materials
- Plans and implements activities related to materials and inventory control, shipping, receiving, and warehousing
- Implements and maintains an inventory control system that maintains optimum inventory levels.
- Establishes procedures and documentation for physical inventories. Examines methods of facilitating accurate counts. Provides for accuracy in inventory for work-in-progress and bonded inventory
- Confers with other department managers on material issues and materials scheduling to meet program commitments and sales forecasts. Assists other departments in planning deliveries of materials to meet program requirements
- Works with the VP of Manufacturing and President to set goals for cost reduction targets, and implements cost reduction through improved negotiations
- Prepares and monitors reports for: Purchase Price Variance, Inventory Levels, Inventory Turns, and Key Suppliers
- Investigates and solves problems resulting from material shortages/delays, to ensure that production is up and running with minimal downtime
- Writes and maintains policies and procedures and implements processes to ensure ISO and AS9100 compliance
- Analyzes shipping methods and takes steps to reduce transportation costs by negotiating more favorable agreements with carriers, and reducing the usage of premium carriers.
- This position has the responsibility and authority for controlling quality as delegated by management. “
- Develops and manages supplier relationship and recommends new primary and secondary suppliers and maintain real-time and accurate AVL
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Proficiency in conducting internet searches and utilizing Microsoft Office –Excel, Outlook and Word
- Experience utilizing MRP for determining materials demand
- Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline driven, team environment
- Ability to successfully multitask
- Ability to adapt to changing situations and tasks quickly
- Organized and capable of meeting delivery deadlines on materials
- Ability to plan and forecast current and future inventory requirements based on available data and direction from management
- Must be proactive and follow-up on status of orders providing timely notification to management when issues are identified
- Must possess the ability to successfully plan, prioritize and organize work activities and adhere to strict deadlines, follow instructions, procedures, and policies; identify and solve problems
- Must be conscientious about assignments and complete work in a timely, accurate and thorough manner
- Require minimal supervision to successfully complete tasks and assignments
- Must demonstrate initiative and ownership of assignments/projects
- Must report to work at scheduled time and maintain satisfactory attendance with limited unscheduled absence
- Must exhibit a professional appearance and behavior and maintain satisfactory performance consistent with expectations of the position and GMS policies
- Requires excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing with executives, colleagues and individuals, internal or external
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills, able to effectively interact with all levels of employees and management
- Must remain poised, professional and diplomatic under pressure and handle sensitive, confidential situations and documentation
- Able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Must possess the ability and desire to encourage and facilitate a positive and productive work environment for all employees
- Potentially 50% + travel required
- Must possess a valid CA Driver’s License and be capable of driving when necessary
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs
- Must be able to work more than 40 hrs a week as necessary
- Must be able to work the standard 8AM-5PM, Monday – Friday schedule and additional hours as necessary
- Limited travel required
Education and Experience
- 4 year College Degree in Business Administration, Management, Supply Chain Management, Organizational Leadership or equivalent education and experience in Supply Chain Management. Minimum of 2-5 years related work experience in the areas of material releasing, production scheduling or inventory control
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED). Minimum 5-10 years related work experience in the areas of material releasing, production scheduling or inventory control
- Minimum two years of experience in stockroom supervision in an ESD environment working with electronic components
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven experience of continuous improvement & implementation of best practice activities in the materials area
- Experience identifying root cause analysis & countermeasure activities related to materials
- Overall understanding of inventory control, inventory management, and inventory controls
- Management and control of Key Measurement Indices related to inventory
- Business plan & budget development & maintenance
- Strong level of proficiency in Windows & MS Office
- Knowledge of ERP, JIT, FIFO systems
- Previous supervisory/leadership experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to handle multiple functions and deadlines, work independently & as part of a team.
- Excellent written & verbal communication capabilities
- Strong leadership, speaking, project management, & performance management skills
- Experience with MS Office Suite and Outlook with proficiency in Excel
- Proficient in utilizing MRP software – Epicore preferred
- Experience utilizing FedEx and UPS shipping Software
Ability to effectively write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, vendors, customers, and employees in writing and verbally.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts and to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to apply principles of logical thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to: sit, talk, hear, stand, walk, twist, bend, stoop, reach above shoulder level, and lift up to 30 lbs. with hands and arms, use hands to finger, handle, feel or type and utilize a telephone, copier, printer, computer, calculator, mouse, keyboard and monitor to perform daily duties. The employee regularly engages in personal interaction with company personnel. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus and utilize a computer monitor under florescent lighting and/or daylight where applicable.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk up and down one flight of stairs and approximately 1 block from building to building
Must be a US Citizen, Permanent US Resident, or currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis without current or future employment sponsorship. (In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire)
General Micro Systems, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: GMS is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at GMS are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. GMS will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. GMS encourages applicants of all ages.
General Micro Systems, Inc. does not use any outside recruiting firms in our talent acquisition process; therefore, recruiters need not contact. Any questions, concerns, or correspondence need be directed to Justin Peck, General Micro Systems, Inc.