What We Offer:
- Competitive Compensation - Based on Experience
- Generous Benefits Package
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Life Insurance
- Smaller Company with Supportive Company Culture
- Projects Include:
- Military, Medical, Industrial, etc - Among many diverse industries
- Fast-paced environment
- Room for growth!
Education and Experience
- Minimum High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Two or more years of inspector experience in Military/Aerospace environment
- Mechanical Inspector Certification desired but not required
- IPC-A-610 and J-STD-001 desired but not required
- Lean/Six Sigma Green or Black Belt certification desired but not required
- Experience in acceptance and inspection methodology of machined parts
- Advanced AS9100 interpretation and application experience desired
Note: This position uses calipers, flat table and gauges to conduct mechanical inspections, there is no CMM machine.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform visual inspection of a multiple number of products for mechanical/electrical characteristics documentation
- Review all documentation for completeness, including stamp off on test data, router, and supplier certifications
- Perform and record results for First Article Inspection of in-process operations, including the ability to interpret assembly drawings and perform mechanical measurements
- Conduct line and documentation audits.
- Identify/recognize inspection errors and initiate resolution
- Read assembly instructions and verify that the assembly meets the IPC-A-610 requirements
- Read and interpret blueprints and know definitions of critical, major and minor characteristics
- Use inspection planning tools and perform a product audit; determine sample size for lots; pull random samples
- Interface with multiple levels of personnel, including production personnel, management and government/customer representatives
- Trained and capable of performing as a secondary inspector for an additional area of inspection, such as incoming or final inspection
- Other duties as assigned
Responsible for inspection of product prior to submittal to customer and/or government inspection. Responsible for organizing and executing mechanical inspection of various components to ensure proper quality and adherence to design specifications.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- An Individual with a natural motivation to work hard and stay busy; to be task oriented and not look for ways to perform at less than their fullest potential. This includes placing importance on being punctual and maintaining satisfactory attendance.
- An Individual that faces difficult situations to find solutions rather than dwelling on problems, and strives to be a positive contributor to their team and the organization.
- An Individual having good character, not gossiping, not being overly dramatic and being a trustworthy coworker. An individual who understands that even the best plans will not always go perfectly and is capable of adapting to change to work through such situations and continue to treat others with respect.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to interpret Drawings and Specifications that will enable development and review of Inspection Processes
- Must be able to identify and report nonconforming material
- Ability to learn and apply acceptance and inspection methodology of machined parts
- Ability to learn and apply standard concepts, practices, and procedures within mechanical inspection field
- Must understand traceability (product, material and calibration)
- Ability to learn and apply understanding of audit techniques
- Must be detail oriented and balance multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to learn and apply of measurement, measurement terminology and the different types of measurement scales
- Must possess the ability to successfully plan, prioritize and organize work activities and adhere to strict deadlines, follow instructions, procedures, and policies; identify and solve problems
- Must have basic understanding quality terms, definitions and concepts
- Must be able to learn and apply basic calibration knowledge
- Ability to learn and apply the difference between accuracy and precision and be able to select the appropriate measuring tools and techniques
- Ability to learn and measure using surface plate layouts
- Ability to learn and apply a general knowledge of ASME Y14.5M, working knowledge of GD&T, and must understand the x, y, z coordinate system
- Must be able to demonstrate effective problem solving skills, including Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Action Planning
- Must be detail oriented and balance multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Must possess the ability to successfully plan, prioritize and organize work activities and adhere to strict deadlines follow instructions, procedures, and policies; identify and solve problems
- Must be conscientious about assignments and complete work in a timely, accurate and thorough manner
- Require minimal supervision to successfully complete tasks and assignments
- Must demonstrate initiative and ownership of assignments/projects
- Must report to work at scheduled time and maintain satisfactory attendance with limited unscheduled absences
- Must exhibit a professional appearance and behavior and maintain satisfactory performance consistent with expectations of the position and GMS policies
- Requires excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing with executives, colleagues and individuals, internal or external
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills, able to effectively interact with all levels of employees and management
- Must remain poised, professional and diplomatic under pressure
- Strong computer skills with a working knowledge of programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point
- Must possess the ability and desire to encourage and facilitate a positive and productive work environment for all employees
- Must be able to work the standard 8AM-5PM, Monday – Friday schedule and overtime as required
- Limited travel required
Ability to effectively write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, vendors, customers and employees in writing and verbally.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts and to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to apply principles of logical thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to: sit, talk, hear, stand, walk, twist, bend, stoop, reach above shoulder level, and lift up to 30 lbs. with hands and arms, use hands to finger, handle, feel or type and utilize a telephone, copier, printer, computer, calculator, mouse, keyboard and monitor to perform daily duties. The employee regularly engages in personal interaction with company personnel. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus and utilize a computer monitor under florescent lighting and/or daylight where applicable.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee will occasionally be required to conduct work in the engineering lab
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk up and down one flight of stairs and approximately 1 block from building to building
Must be a US Citizen, Permanent US Resident, or currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis without current or future employment sponsorship. (In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire)
General Micro Systems, Inc. has been an innovator in embedded system technology since 1979 encompassing all phases of the design and manufacture of Single Board Computers and Systems. GMS products are used around the globe in diverse industries such as aerospace, defense, medical instrumentation, industrial control, robotics, telecommunications and semiconductor manufacturing.
With an unparalleled commitment to modern technology, GMS has earned the highest level of respect from our customers, the media and even the competition. GMS has been recognized by the media for our innovation and we have received more 'Product of the Year' awards than all of our competitors combined.
We are proud of our professional staff, with members that have been called "the most dedicated to its customers and vendors in the industry."
Please visit our website at www.gms4sbc.com to learn more about General Micro Systems, Inc.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package
General Micro Systems, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: GMS is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at GMS are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. GMS will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. GMS encourages applicants of all ages.