General Micro Systems, Inc. has been an innovator in embedded system technology since 1979 encompassing all phases of the design and manufacture of Single Board Computers and Systems. GMS products are used around the globe in diverse industries such as aerospace, defense, medical instrumentation, industrial control, robotics, telecommunications and semiconductor manufacturing.
With an unparalleled commitment to modern technology, GMS has earned the highest level of respect from our customers, the media and even the competition. GMS has been recognized by the media for our innovation and we have received more ‘Product of the Year’ awards than all of our competitors combined.
We are proud of our professional staff, with members that have been called “the most dedicated to its customers and vendors in the industry.”
Please visit our website at www.gms4sbc.com to learn more about General Micro Systems, Inc.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package.
Directs and coordinates activities of the manufacturing personnel. Monitors production of GMS products and manages production document control by performing the following duties:
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise production floor activities and personnel
- Pull sales orders kits from the stockroom prioritized by due dates
- Schedule, prioritize and ensure that production deadlines are met
- Actively participate in the production planning with Production Engineering Manager
- Coordinate with department managers on manufacture and shipment of non-standard production orders
- Report to Production Engineering Manager on the status of all jobs in process
- Complete performance reviews for all production personnel annual and as needed
- Attend department meetings for updates on production orders
- Attend weekly Sales Order meetings and report on production work flow
- Ensure production personnel training is completed as required and submitted for processing in a timely manner
- Coordinate daily shipment schedules with shipping personnel
- Coordinate with Product Engineering on new product releases. Assign senior technician to review product documentation, receive training and accept released products to Manufacturing
- Complete reports requested by management to track production floor activities and product status
- Communicate and coordinate with Purchasing to procure supplies needed for the production floor. Complete requisitions for equipment, tools or manufacturing supplies. Must ensure that production floor supplies are adequately maintained
- Communicate and coordinate with Purchasing on any issues encountered with the Assembly House effecting on time delivery
- Coordinate with Quality department on product order shipment schedules
- Ensure current manufacturing processes are followed and continually evaluate processes to identify non-conformances, weaknesses, strengths and vulnerabilities
- Report process improvement recommendations to the Production Engineering Manager, create an action plan to implement change and manage implementation in production
- Coordinate with Quality Department to ensure the manufacturing floor and benches are compliant with ESD protection requirements and ensure that Health & Safety guidelines are followed
- Maintain safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources; maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures
- Create and revise systems and procedures by analyzing operating practices, record-keeping systems, forms of control, budgetary and personnel requirements
- Must communicate effectively in written and verbal form with subordinates, co-workers and management
- Must be capable of assisting on production floor when necessary
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, reports and manuals
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- Minimum Associates of Engineering degree from an accredited school. Bachelors in Electrical Engineering preferred
- Minimum 4 years supervisory experience on production floor of PCBAs and Electronic systems
- Minimum additional 4 years of electronics production floor supervisory experience may be substituted for degree
- An Individual with a natural motivation to work hard and stay busy; to be task oriented and not look for ways to perform at less than their fullest potential. This includes placing importance on being punctual and maintaining satisfactory attendance.
- An Individual that faces difficult situations to find solutions rather than dwelling on problems, and strives to be a positive contributor to their team and the organization.
- An Individual having good character, not gossiping, not being overly dramatic and being a trustworthy coworker. An individual who understands that even the best plans will not always go perfectly and is capable of adapting to change to work through such situations and continue to treat others with respect.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be detail oriented and balance multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Must possess the ability to successfully plan, prioritize and organize work activities and adhere to strict deadlines follow instructions, procedures, and policies; identify and solve problems
- Must be conscientious about assignments and complete work in a timely, accurate and thorough manner
- Require minimal supervision to successfully complete tasks and assignments
- Must demonstrate initiative and ownership of assignments/projects
- Must report to work at scheduled time and maintain satisfactory attendance with limited unscheduled absences
- Must exhibit a professional appearance and behavior and maintain satisfactory performance consistent with expectations of the position and GMS policies
- Requires excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing with executives, colleagues and individuals, internal or external
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills, able to effectively interact with all levels of employees and management
- Must remain poised, professional and diplomatic under pressure
- Strong computer skills with a working knowledge of programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point
- Must possess the ability and desire to encourage and facilitate a positive and productive work environment for all employees
- Must be able to work the standard 8AM-5PM, Monday – Friday schedule and additional hours as necessary
- Limited travel required
Ability to effectively write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, vendors, customers and employees in writing and verbally.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts and to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to apply principles of logical thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to: sit, talk, hear, stand, walk, twist, bend, stoop, reach above shoulder level, and lift up to 30 lbs. with hands and arms, use hands to finger, handle, feel or type and utilize a telephone, copier, printer, computer, calculator, mouse, keyboard and monitor to perform daily duties. The employee regularly engages in personal interaction with company personnel. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus and utilize a computer monitor under florescent lighting and/or daylight where applicable.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee will occasionally be required to conduct work in the engineering lab
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk up and down one flight of stairs and approximately 1 block from building to building
Must be a US Citizen, Permanent US Resident, or currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis without current or future employment sponsorship. (In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire)
General Micro Systems, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: GMS is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at GMS are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. GMS will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. GMS encourages applicants of all ages.