General Micro Systems, Inc. has been an innovator in embedded system technology since 1979 encompassing all phases of the design and manufacture of Single Board Computers and Systems. GMS products are used around the globe in diverse industries such as aerospace, defense, medical instrumentation, industrial control, robotics, telecommunications and semiconductor manufacturing.
With an unparalleled commitment to modern technology, GMS has earned the highest level of respect from our customers, the media and even the competition. GMS has been recognized by the media for our innovation and we have received more ‘Product of the Year’ awards than all of our competitors combined.
We are proud of our professional staff, with members that have been called “the most dedicated to its customers and vendors in the industry.”
Please visit our website at www.gms4sbc.com to learn more about General Micro Systems, Inc.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package.
The Contract Administrator analyzes and evaluates proposals, negotiates subcontract provisions, and administers resulting government/commercial/international/turnkey subcontracts. Negotiates and coordinates additions, deletions, or modifications to subcontracts in accordance with company policy, legal requirements, and customer specifications.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Review bids and proposals to ensure they meet company policy, legal requirements, and customer specifications
- Proposal activities to include, organizing and conducting reviews, analyzing the solicitation requirements, coordination and development of proposal responses
- Review, interpret, and recommend contractual terms and conditions; identify contract/subcontract issues and provide leadership in developing solutions; advise management of contractual rights and obligations and provide interpretation of terms and conditions
- Ensure compliance with contract, RFP, governmental law, FAR, DFAR, ITAR and company policies on all contract and proposal activity
- Risk analysis and mitigation by negotiating terms and conditions of contracts to minimize potential Company risk/liability and maximize profits
- Obtain and evaluate proposals and quotations; determine responsiveness, responsibility and eligibility for award; participate/conduct discussions and negotiations
- Research, analyze, coordinate, develop, produce and maintain contract and task order documentation including contracts, subcontracts, teaming and non-disclosure agreements, modifications, task/delivery orders, solicitations, cost/price estimates, cost/price analyses, negotiation memorandums, bailment agreements, justifications, determinations, special contract provisions, representations, certifications and correspondence
- Perform contract/subcontract administration and file audits during the pre-award, award, and post-award phases of the procurement process
- Develop subcontract policies and procedures
- Extensive interaction with multiple internal managers and external customers
- Extensive Interaction with Sales and Accounting departments to establish new customers
- Perform dynamic screening on companies to ensure they are not on denied list
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- Experience working with the Federal Government
- Expert working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), Department of Defense Acquisition Regulations (DFAR) and International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
- Experience soliciting, negotiating and administering various contract types, including: Fixed Price, T&M, Labor Hour, Cost Plus Fixed Fee, Software Licensing Agreements and variations of these contract types
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline (Law Degree and/or CPCM a plus)
- 6 years of professional experience
- Masters degree from an accredited college
- 4 years of professional experience
- Equivalent experience/combined education
- An Individual with a natural motivation to work hard and stay busy; to be task oriented and not look for ways to perform at less than their fullest potential. This includes placing importance on being punctual and maintaining satisfactory attendance.
- An Individual that faces difficult situations to find solutions rather than dwelling on problems, and strives to be a positive contributor to their team and the organization.
- An Individual having good character, not gossiping, not being overly dramatic and being a trustworthy coworker. An individual who understands that even the best plans will not always go perfectly and is capable of adapting to change to work through such situations and continue to treat others with respect.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be detail oriented and balance multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Must possess the ability to successfully plan, prioritize and organize work activities and adhere to strict deadlines follow instructions, procedures, and policies; identify and solve problems
- Must be conscientious about assignments and complete work in a timely, accurate and thorough manner
- Require minimal supervision to successfully complete tasks and assignments
- Must demonstrate initiative and ownership of assignments/projects
- Must report to work at scheduled time and maintain satisfactory attendance with limited unscheduled absences
- Must exhibit a professional appearance and behavior and maintain satisfactory performance consistent with expectations of the position and GMS policies
- Requires excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing with executives, colleagues and individuals, internal or external
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills, able to effectively interact with all levels of employees and management
- Must remain poised, professional and diplomatic under pressure
- Strong computer skills with a working knowledge of programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point
- Must possess the ability and desire to encourage and facilitate a positive and productive work environment for all employees
- Limited travel required
Ability to effectively write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, vendors, customers and employees in writing and verbally.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts and to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to apply principles of logical thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to: sit, talk, hear, stand, walk, twist, bend, stoop, reach above shoulder level, and lift up to 30 lbs. with hands and arms, use hands to finger, handle, feel or type and utilize a telephone, copier, printer, computer, calculator, mouse, keyboard and monitor to perform daily duties. The employee regularly engages in personal interaction with company personnel. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus and utilize a computer monitor under florescent lighting and/or daylight where applicable.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee’s work station is located in an upstairs, enclosed office under fluorescent lighting
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk up and down one flight of stairs and approximately 1 block from building to building
Must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis without current or future employment sponsorship? (In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire)
General Micro Systems, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: GMS is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at GMS are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. GMS will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. GMS encourages applicants of all ages.